Call for participation for the first Education Festival at Sussex
By: Simona Connelly
Last updated: Friday, 3 March 2023
Do you have an example of good practice, innovation or research in teaching and learning that you would like to share with your colleagues?
We are pleased to announce our ‘call for participation’ for the first Education Festival at Sussex. The festival will be held on May 4th 2023 at the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts (ACCA).
In addition to the Education Awards that evening, the Education Festival will be a relaxed event to share good practice, innovation and research in teaching and learning with colleagues.
We welcome proposals from all Sussex staff and students involved in teaching for any of the following:
- A 5-minute speed presentation
- A relaxed forum to share work-in-progress, or reflect on pedagogic developments you have made, with colleagues
- Facilitate a hands-on or collaborative session focusing on sharing or demonstrating good practice or innovation within teaching and learning at Sussex
- Sessions should last 30 minutes
- They can focus on any area within teaching and learning
- They can feature breakout spaces, collaborative activities, or any other engagement method of your choosing
- Provocations for our Solution Room dedicated to assessment and feedback at Sussex
- Propose a short (less than 5 minutes) provocation or presentation on a challenge within Assessment and Feedback you would like to explore. You will then present your challenge during the session and run a breakout group with interested participants to share their experiences and ideas
- Other (do you have an idea for a different format? We would love to hear it!)
To propose a presentation or session, please fill out the Session Proposal form by Monday 3 April, 2023: Session Proposal
This will be an in-person event to bring Sussex staff and students together for networking and collaboration. Outputs of the sessions will follow the event online where possible.
We aim to make this event as accessible and inclusive as possible. The ACCA Accessibility Guide provides an overview of facilities at the conference venue.
If you have any questions, if you’d like to discuss your proposal, or if you need support filling out the form, please email email@example.com.