Find UKVI compliance information on student visas for staff at Sussex.
The University is a Student Visa Sponsor, which means we can sponsor international students to obtain a student visa to study with us.
Student Sponsor status is granted by a Home Office department called UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
We have key staff responsible for student visa policies and procedures which demonstrate how we comply at all stages of the student journey.
These people are:
- UKVI Compliance Manager Deborah Shurvell – 01273 877914, email email@example.com
- Emma Potts, Student Visa Authorising Officer, General Counsel and Director of Governance and Compliance. Email E.Potts@sussex.ac.uk.
Throughout the student visa process
At the offer stage (when offers are made and accepted), we have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) issuing policy [PDF 228KB] and provide information on how to apply for a student visa using the CAS issued by the University. We also provide information about the responsibilities of student visa-holders.
At the registration stage and while studying, we supply extensive advice and support for student visa-holders.
If you want:
- student immigration advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- information about UKVI compliance, email email@example.com.
Helping a student
If you have queries from students, direct:
- current students to the international section of the Student Hub if they have visa or study enquiries
- prospective students the external study section of the Sussex website, where they can browse courses and view international information.