Find out how to support students with their career choices and where to go to get help.
Our careers consultants
We liaise with schools to provide careers drop-ins and workshops for students and offer advice on employability issues to staff:
- career exploration
- CV feedback and application review
- applying for work opportunities and further study
- interview preparation.
Find out our strategic objectives in Sussex 2025 – world readiness and employability [PDF 74.29KB].
In pursuit of these strategic objectives see our operating plan 2021-22 [PDF 30.57KB].
You can contact the careers consultant for your school or department to arrange an appointment:
- University of Sussex Business School – Sarah Coleman
- Education and Social Work – Andy Howard
- Engineering and Informatics – Kathryn Mountford
- Global Studies – Helena Joyce
- IDS – Helen Gorman
- Law, Politics and Sociology – Helen Gorman
- Life Sciences – Kaz Field
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences – Susanna Davis
- Media, Arts and Humanities – Tim Bradshaw
- Psychology – Vicky Raynard
- Sussex Centre for Language Studies – Tim Bradshaw.
Our placements team can support you with promoting and providing placements to your undergraduates. Find out more with our staff placements guide on Canvas.
We also have a staff guide to postgraduate placements 2018-19 [PDF 631.47KB]. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We are the central place for advertising jobs for students. Advertise your jobs for students by emailing details to email@example.com or upload them directly to CareerHub. Contact Andrea Wall for more details.
Career Lab: design your future
Career Lab is a programme of opportunities designed to develop students’ skills, experience, connections, and confidence throughout their time at Sussex. It is an expansion of the First-Generation Scholar’s Work Study Programme.
Find out more about the Career Lab programme.
Sussex Graduate Associates
Sussex Graduate Associates are 12-18-month Professional Services roles at the University for recent Sussex graduates. Graduate Associates bring with them skills, ideas and recent experience of being a student at Sussex. It’s a great route to bring graduate talent into your team.
Should you want to create a Graduate Associate position in your team (or evolve an existing post), read our guidance on how to shape your job description and support your postholder.