Read guidance on the Annual Course Review for the current academic year.
About the Annual Course Review
The Annual Course Review (ACR) is a key part of the University’s quality assurance and enhancement framework. It provides an opportunity for review, reflection and evaluation of the delivery of a course (cluster of courses or a subject area) and the performance of students and allows the University to fulfil its responsibilities for maintaining the quality and standard of its awards.
The ACR is underpinned by the use of qualitative and quantitative evidence and is critical to identifying issues, risks and actions for improvement and enhancement.
The ACR comprises four stages:
- consideration by the Boards of Study (BoS) of the courses and modules for which they have responsibility and completion of the ACR template academic year 2022-23 [DOCX 26KB]
- consideration and endorsement of ACR Course Reports by the School Education Committee (SEC)
- preparation of a ACR School Summary Report template academic year 2021-22 [DOCX 18KB] prepared by the School DTL
- preparation of an overview report for consideration by the University Education Committee (UEC) based on the School level reports.
- Schools to determine timescales for SEC consideration of ACR reports
- Completed School Level Summary report to be submitted to Educational Enhancement by Monday 16 January 2023. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University Education Committee considers AMR overview report Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Full details of how to submit reports will be provided shortly.
Further guidance on how to complete the ACR can be found in the ACR Review handbook [PDF 264KB].
Data for the ACR Process
Progression data is produced centrally and is available through the Cognos v10 Web Reporting System. You may also find the admissions reports useful.
See guidance on interpreting the reports: Annual Course Review – Data Report Guidance [DOCX 45KB]
The Careers and Employability Centre provides information on graduate destinations which you can find in the what our graduates do section of their website.