Explore resources and guidance for external speakers presenting for educational enhancement at Sussex.
What to provide before presenting
Please provide the following details to the Educational Enhancement team.
- The title of your talk.
- An abstract for your talk.
- A short biography of up to 500 words.
- A photo of you to be used with advertising the talk.
- Recording consent form (optional, see below).
How to check your presentation for accessibility
We are keen to ensure that your talk is accessible to the widest group possible. Check the accessibility guidance below.
For slides and handouts
If you are using slides and handouts:
- ensure there is a good contrast between text and background colours and where possible avoid using colour alone to convey information
- provide a text alternative for important information in images and graphs
- use slide headings in power point and use heading styles in documents
- if you are happy to share any slides or handouts in advance, this can be helpful for attendees particularly those with disabilities
- when presenting, describe visual content (annotations, graphs, images/video) conveying information.
Let us know if you have any specific accessibility requirements yourself, or if you have any questions or requests to make your talk more accessible. For our full guidance please see creating accessible resources.
Consent for recording
If possible and appropriate, we would like to record your talk and hold a copy which we can share with colleagues and students through our learning management system and on our publicly accessible website. If you are happy for us to record the talk, please complete the recording consent form.
For all information requested please send details to the email email@example.com