Find out how we are improving services to help protect us from cyber threats.
What it is: The Cyber Security Programme will help the University protect itself from cyber threats and disruption to services.
Why it’s better for you: It will help you to stay safe when using devices, either remotely or on campus.
Why it’s better for the University: It will help to protect us from cyber-attacks and allow enhanced business continuity.
When it’s happening: Launched in 2020, it is expected to be completed by 2025.
How will it launch: The Cyber Security Programme contains many different elements – we will keep you updated throughout the rollout of each project.
About the Cyber Security Programme
The University’s Cyber Security Programme will put in place a number of measures that enhance the existing capability of the University to protect itself from cyber-threats, and disruption to services. The new security measures will mean some changes to the way we work.
The Cyber Security Programme will:
- help you to stay safe when using devices for work, either remotely or on campus
- protect the University from increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks
- help us to better support and secure funding for research projects
- enhance opportunities for international collaboration
- protect us from disruption to services and allow us to operate smoothly.
The Cyber Security Programme launched in 2020 and is expected to be completed by 2025. We will communicate with you throughout the process, and updates will also be available via IT Services.
To help us manage these changes we will be carrying out awareness activities as well as providing tailored training for specific teams.